Sunday, May 31, 2009

The day before...

As I lay in my bed waiting for my mind to calm down I think about all the craziness that awaits for Heather and I in the land down under. I am excited and a little anxious for our trip tomorrow. It has been a while since I have flown such a long distance. I went to India 6 years ago and now I am headed on my longest set of flights yet. I think Heather calculated that we will be in transit for almost 29 hours and it will take us 2 days to get to Australia thanks to the international date line. This will be my first time in this country, Heather's second. I am looking forward to seeing a country that I have heard so much about. I have been enamored with Hillsong Church in Sydney for some time now because of the music and ministry that is going on in Australia and all over the world. I think I am most excited about seeing another culture that is in so many ways the same as what I know, but still something totally different. That and I love the accent. My plan is to document myself and how well I can pick it up over the two weeks we are there.

Please pray for our safe travel. Because of the show Lost, I can't help but think of....never mind.

Be sure to check back soon for updates, pictures and maybe even some videos. Who knows.

Blessings.

dain

No comments: